Destiny 2: Shadowkeep announced, Bungie’s new direction is exciting!
How excited am I about the new expansion for Destiny 2?
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep is coming out September 17, 2019. I think I can speak for a lot of the Destiny community and say that hearing Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy talk about all of the changes Bungie has implemented as a result of separating from Activision was like breathing new air. They released a new ViDoc and Trailer for Destiny 2: Shadowkeep.
I personally tweeted that watching the ViDoc in the live-stream from Bungie felt like watching a butterfly emerge from a cocoon. This is a very exciting time to be a Destiny fan, especially off the back of the Season of Opulence release this week.
Important notes from the stream:
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep releases this fall. You have the option to purchase it as a stand-alone if you don’t have Destiny 2 yet or as an expansion.
- As of the release of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, Destiny 2 will be an Action-MMO single evolving world that you can play anywhere you want using cross-save.
- PC players will now be on Steam
- Stand-alone Content
- New Light will be a free download that gets new players into new content within 15 minutes.
- They’ll be no more exclusive activities.
- You can buy all content moving forward stand-alone.
- Google’s Stadia partnership launches with Destiny 2: Shadowkeep.
- The current life cycle of Destiny 2 will be bundled and available for $40.
Exciting mentions from the ViDoc include:
- We’re going back to the moon
- They’ll be armor trans mods
- New movements and abilities for sub-classes
- PVP updates
- Black Garden Raid
I think I saw Crota in the ViDoc as well. That’d be a great throwback!
Take a look at the ViDoc for yourself: